Had a great day today. We fished for blue marlin with BSFAC member Peter Forster and his guests Les Hawkes and Jeff Coleman on the canyons east of Cape Moreton. Our first bite was a classic shot from a big fish. It scoffed the lure on the short rigger and took off. It was around 800lb, but I prefer to be conservative and am calling it 750-800. Nonetheless, it was a lump and fought hard. The angler was Jeff Coleman former CEO of Port of Brisbane and it was his first time marlin fishing. Jeff saw the bite which was a classic “crash tackle” and did a great job in the 45 minute fight. We released it in good shape and about an hour later, we caught and released another one about 380lb for Les Hawkes. Also his first fish. After action like that, the boys didn’t mind that the rest of the day was quiet.
Consultancy Bureau – Peter Forster, Les Hawkes & Jeff Coleman – 750-800lb Blue Marlin & 380lb Blue Marlin east of Cape Moreton – 3rd March 2011
- Simon Marshall – Grand Slam with Blue, Striped and Black Marlin caught east of Waddy Point Fraser Island 6th November 2012
- Ryan Barrett, Nicholas Ingersole, Liam Lees – Cobia caught east of Breaksea Spit 5th November 2012
- Michael Josefski – 350lb Blue Marlin caught east of Sandy Cape Fraser Island 3rd November 2012
- Lion Nathan – Nathan Eades, Adam Hill & Patty Carroll – 300lb Blue Marlin & Mahi Mahi off Cape Moreton – 3rd May 2011
- John Prefontaine – Wahoo caught east of Point Lookout – 13th January 2012
- Ann Fordyce – 300lb Blue Marlin off Moreton Island – 17th march 2011